On Saturday 15th May 2010 Kate Towerton and family booked a special 50th birthday meal for her Dad at Cockercombe in West Bagborough near Taunton, Somerset, England http://www.sleeps12.com/cockercombe/
(Happy Birthday Dad)
Cockercombe is one of the many beautiful luxury self catering holiday places available from http://www.sleeps12.com/ where where you can take your friends and family and relax for a weekend or even a week if you choose. Thai Gourmet were delighted to be asked to do the catering for the event and Khun Lek put together a mix of Thai starters and main courses for the evening.
(Khun Lek works on the main Courses)
- Chicken Satay: ไก่สะเต๊ะ (grilled marinated chicken with a peanut dip)
- Spring Rolls: ปอเปี๊ยะทอด (vegetable spring rolls)
- Kanompang Na Moo: ขนมปังหน้าหมู (fried pork on sliced toasted bread with a delicious cucumber dip)
- Papaya Salad: ส้มตำ (Delicious Thai salad with peanuts, lime, fresh chilli, garlic and tomato)
- Gang Khiaw Wan Gai: แกงเขียวหวานไก่ (Choice chicken in sweet spicy green curry with coconut milk and seasonal vegetables)
- Gang Massaman Nua: แกงมัสหมันเนเนื้อ (Beef cooked in a rich curry sauce with sweet potatos and coconut milk)
- Phat Priaw Wan Pla: ผัดเปรี้ยวหวานปลา (Fish with fried vegetables & a sweet and sour sauce)
- Thoot Man Khao Phot: ทอดมันข้าพโพด (Fried corn cakes with garlic and pepper)
- Phat Thai Gung: พัดไทยกุ้ง (Fried noodles with prawns, peanuts and bean sprouts)
- Khao: ข้าว (Thai jasmin rice)
Being a London-based group and Chelsea fans they made it a double celebration or should I say treble as they celebrated a Chelsea league and cup double and a happy birthday to Kate’s Dad. It was of course slightly painful to me a life long Manchester United fan and runners-up to them, but this season the bragging rights firmly belong to Chelsea, so a begrudging congratulations was offered.
(Nong Yao: The Thai Gourmet sous chef originally from Chiang Rai)
They all enjoyed the evening and said ”the food was absolutely fantastic”
If your looking to get away for the weekend or the week and have a special occasion to celebrate like a birthday, anniversary, hen night or spa weekend, then the South west of England is a beautiful spot to visit. Booking one of the http://www.sleeps12.com/ properties accommodates you with all the facilities you need for a great and memorable stay. Once you have booked your accommodation don’t forget to call in Thai Gourmet the premier Thai food caterers for the south-west of England for your delicious Thai Food. http://www.thaigourmetfoodcaterers.co.uk/ You will also find us on the Sleeps 12 website on various properties under the heading of Engaging Thailand on the ”extras page”.