This week 30th May 2010 Thai Gourmet were asked to provide a Thai Banquet for the day after a special wedding occasion. Miss Amy Blake was now Mrs Amy Hill and the party of guests from Honiton in Devon could enjoy the pleasant summer’s Sunday at Tone Dale House in Wellington, Somerset and get ready for their delicious Thai banquet provided by the now widely acclaimed and respected Thai chef Khun Lek of Thai Gourmet.
Khun Lek And Nong Yao Start To Serve The Main Course
The Thai banquet consisted of 15 different dishes from Thai starters, Thai Soup, curries, noodle dishes and a whole host of others listed below. The guests said that ”the food was absolutely gorgeous” as they described their favourite dishes of the evening.
- Satay: Grilled marinated chicken with a peanut sauce dip
- Kanompang Na Moo: Fried spicy pork on sliced fried bread with a cucumber dip.
- Giew Grorp: Crispy fried spicy pork wrapped in thin fried pastry.
- Gung Thot krop: King Prawns fried and a sweet chilli dip.
- Pla Rad Prik: Crispy fried fish in a rich chilli sauce.
- Gang Massaman Nua: Beef cooked in rich curry sauce with sweet potatoes and coconut milk.
- Phat Priaw Wan Gai: Chicken with vegetables & sweet and sour sauce.
- Baa Mee Phat Phak: Stir fried noodles with vegetables.
- Gang Khiaw Wan Gai: Chicken in sweet spicy green curry with coconut milk & seasonal vegetables.
- Thot Man Khao Phot: Fried corn cakes with garlic and pepper.
- Tom Yam Gai: Spicy soup with chicken pieces and lovely scented lemon grass, coriander and lemon juice.
- Gang Sapparot Moo: Pineapple dish cooked in yellow curry sauce with pork & coconut milk.
- Khao Man Gai: Steamed chicken with fresh ginger, chilli, garlic & dark soya sauce.
- Phat Thai Gai: Fried noodles with chicken, peanuts and bean sprouts.
- Kai Luuk Khooy: Hard boiled eggs fried in a tasty sweet & sour sauce Thai style.
- Khao: Thai Jasmin rice
Thai Dinner Party at the magnificent Tone Dale House
Khao Man Gai: It Knocks Your Socks Off
One gentleman said that he liked all the dishes, but there was one dish he liked that knocked his socks off and a couple of glasses of water were in order. I was lucky as there was still some left of the dish that knocks your socks off as he pointed it out to me and it turned out to be Khao Man Gai listed above. We will now have to re-name this on the menu as Khao Man Gai: The dish that knocks your socks off. I was actually thinking that it would be very hard to knock a Thai persons socks off as for one they love to eat hot and spicy and secondly its too hot in Thailand to even contemplate wearing socks.
Khao Man Gai: Steamed Chicken With Fresh Ginger, Chilli And Garlic In A Dark Soya Sauce.
Specialist Thai Vendors
Again with Thai dishes they can be so different as everyone has their own styles and uniqueness when preparing and cooking a dish. Some people like to make Khao Man Gai not at all spicy, but Khun Lek likes to put a bit of a kick in to the dish. Whatever part of Thailand you visit, you will see food vendors everywhere that specialise in a certain dish or two and Khao Man Gai definitely belongs in this bracket. Thais love to go out and eat, it is a popular pastime with food absolutely everywhere, and the Thai will have their own favourite food vendors for various meals that trade in the same location daily. Khao Man Gai is actually a dish of Chinese origin and a massively popular lunch-time or other snack time meal.
Pla Rad Prik: Crispy Fried Salmon In A Rich Chilli Sauce
Gang Massaman: Beef Cooked In Rich Curry Sauce With Sweet Potatoes And Coconut Milk.
The Big House Company
The Big House Company hires out its houses for you to custom build your own event, so no matter if it’s for a House Party, Wedding, Corporate Event, Short Break or Team Bonding Session, The Big House Company can accommodate you. There is the magnificent Tone Dale House in Wellington, Somerset and location of this blog post event, Widcombe Grange at Culmhead in Somerset and Berry House in Bideford Devon. Please see the website below for full details on all the houses.
For full details of the Thai Gourmet menus go to www.thaigourmetfoodcaterers.co.uk the premier Thai caterers for the South West of England. For your party enquiries please e.mail: email@example.com