Delicious Thai finger food is turning out to be quite a success in the South West of England especially with the clients of Thai Gourmet who order one of Khun Lek’s absolutely delicious ” Walk and Talk” menus. From keeping good records over the many Thai finger food events that have been carried out we can now name the 9 favourite Thai finger foods in the South West of England.
Thai Chicken Wings stuffed with minced pork, garlic,pepper,coriander and spring onions
9 Favourite Thai Finger Foods
- Chicken Satay : (Grilled marinated Chicken on a skewer with a peanut sauce dip)
- Spring Rolls: (Vegetable spring rolls wrapped in fried thin pastry with a sweet chilli dip)
- Kanompang Na Moo: ( Fried spicy pork on sliced bread with a cucumber dip)
- Pla Rad Prik: (Crispy fried fish with a rich chilli sauce)
- Thot Man Khao Phot: (Fried corn cakes with garlic and pepper)
- Gung Sarong: (King Prawns wrapped in fried thin pastry with a sweet chilli dip)
- Giew Grorp: (Fried spicy pork wrapped in thin pastry with a sweet chilli dip)
- Thot Man Pla: ( Thai Fish cakes)
- Bik Gai: (Thai Chicken wings stuffed with minced pork, garlic,pepper,coriander and spring onions)
Which is your favourite Thai finger food, please tell us?
A Combination of Thai Finger Food At Dan’s Party
Happy Birthday Dan
So with the information ready to hand and a ”Walk and Talk” required for a special birthday celebration for Dan Thorn we were delighted to arrange with Dan’s wife Claire the very same popular menu listed above. Friends and family of Dan and Claire Thorn thoroughly enjoyed the food at Yeovil in Somerset and we were delighted to receive an email from Claire and Dan a couple of days after the event.
The North East (phak isaan)
- Food from the North East has much more in common with Laotian food than Thai.
- The North East is the home of sticky rice.
- The North East is Thailand’s poorest region.
- A favourite dish from the North East is (som tam) Green papaya salad
The North (phak nua)
- Fresh raw vegetables play a prominent role in Northern cuisine.
- Khan Toke food is more of a tourist design and does not really resemble proper Northern cuisine.
- The main staple is sticky rice or (khao niaow)
- A favourite dish is Nam Phrik Ong, spicy meat and tomato dip with sticky rice of course
The South (phak Taay)
- Thicker coconut milk added to many of the dishes.
- Southern cuisine is heavily influenced by Malaysian food as it is only just across the border.
- Home of the famous roti pancakes.
- Home also to the more Indian like Gang Gari and Gang Massaman curries.
Central Region (phak klaang)
- Rice is the main staple food in the central plains
- Kwitiaow rice noodles are a one of the favourite lunchtime snacks
- Favourite curry of the central plains and now known all over the world Gang Khiaw wan, Thai Green Curry
- Bangkok is said to be home to some 11,000 odd restaurants and this does not include stalls and food vendors.
What region of Thailand does your preferred taste come from please tell us?
Thai Gourmet caterers are available throughout the south-west of England for all special occasions including the ”walk and talk” finger food parties, buffets and full sit down dining. Please visit www.thaigourmetfoodcaterers.co.uk contact name: Trevor Bide. Just telephone or email us with your special occasion Thai cuisine requirements.